Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ranking Documentaries

1. Nature Documentary
2. Autism Reality
3. It's In Your Hands
4. Ken Burns' Civil War
5. My class project documentary
6. Ghost Hunters
7. Borat
8. Surveillance Cameras
9. Parks and Recreation
10. American Idol
11. Jersey Shore
12. Pirates of the Caribbean.

I would group both the documentary I am making as well as the one I viewed last night within the top five group as being all documentaries of some sort based on the set of criteria established in Juel's article. I ranked "It's In Your Hands" above the civil war documentary just because of its relevance to our time and the fact that it was shot with live footage versus a narration/account of a historical period where it is impossible to capture live footage of the actual events being discussed. I suppose by these criteria I could have ranked my own documentary above the civil war one as well, but mine being made by a total amateur, I didn't feel comfortable to personally make that call! Nevertheless, mine will definitely address reality as it is rather than follow a script of fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment